(a) Each applicant who requests registration or reregistration shall supply the following information:
(1) the applicant's name and sex;
(2) if issued, the applicant's State of Alaska driver's license number or State of Alaska identification card number, or the last four digits of the applicant's social security number;
(3) the applicant's date of birth;
(4) the applicant's Alaska residence address;
(5) a statement of whether the applicant has previously been registered to vote in another jurisdiction, and, if so, the jurisdiction and the address of the previous registration;
(6) a declaration that the applicant will be 18 years of age or older within 90 days after the date of registration;
(7) a declaration that the applicant is a citizen of the United States;
(8) the date of application;
(9) the applicant's signature or mark;
(10) any former name under which the applicant was registered to vote in the state;
(11) an attestation that the information provided by the applicant in (1) - (10) of this subsection is true; and
(12) a certification that the applicant understands that a false statement on the application may make the applicant subject to prosecution for a misdemeanor under this title or AS 11.
(b) If the applicant has been previously registered to vote in another jurisdiction, the director shall notify the chief elections officer in that jurisdiction that the applicant has registered to vote in Alaska and request that that jurisdiction cancel the applicant's voter registration there.
(c) Each applicant who requests registration in person before a registration official shall exhibit one form of identification to the official, including a driver's license, state identification card, current and valid photo identification, birth certificate, passport, or hunting or fishing license. A registration official who knows the identity of the applicant may waive the identification requirement.
(d) If the applicant requests reregistration, the applicant shall supply under oath any former name under which the applicant was registered to vote in the state.
(e) For an applicant requesting initial registration by mail or by facsimile or other electronic transmission approved by the director under AS 15.07.050 , the director shall verify the information provided in compliance with (a)(2) and (3) of this section through state agency records described in AS 15.07.055 (e). If the applicant cannot comply with the requirement of (a)(2) of this section because the applicant has not been issued any of the listed numbers, the applicant may instead submit a copy of one of the following forms of identification: a driver's license, state identification card, current and valid photo identification, birth certificate, passport, or hunting or fishing license.
(f) If an applicant who requests registration cannot comply with the requirement of (a)(2) of this section because the applicant has not been issued any of the listed numbers, the division shall assign the applicant a unique identifying number.Section: Previous 15.07.010 15.07.020 15.07.030 15.07.040 15.07.050 15.07.055 15.07.060 15.07.064 15.07.065 15.07.070 15.07.075 15.07.080 15.07.081 15.07.090 15.07.100 Next
Last modified: November 15, 2016