The Office of Rural Health shall institute a program to provide technical assistance to hospitals defined by the office as rural. The Office of Rural Health shall be primarily responsible for providing:
(1) A recruitment and retention program for physicians and other primary care providers in rural areas.
(2) An informational link between rural hospitals and state and federal policies regarding regulations and payment sources.
(3) A system for effectively networking rural hospitals and providers so that they may compete or negotiate with urban based health maintenance organizations.
(4) Assistance to rural hospitals in identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
(5) In conjunction with the Oregon Association of Hospitals, a report that identifies models that will replace or restructure inefficient health services in rural areas. [1987 c.918 §3; 2005 c.22 §301]Section: Previous 442.480 442.485 442.490 442.495 442.500 442.502 442.503 442.505 442.507 442.515 442.520 442.525 442.535 442.540 442.545 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008