(1) With the moneys transferred to the Office of Rural Health by ORS 442.625, the office shall establish a dedicated grant program for the purpose of providing assistance to rural communities to enhance emergency medical service systems.
(2) Communities, as well as nonprofit or governmental agencies serving those communities, may apply to the office for grants on forms developed by the office.
(3) The office shall make the final decision concerning which entities receive grants, but the office may seek advice from the Rural Health Coordinating Council, the State Emergency Medical Service Committee and other appropriate individuals experienced with emergency medical services.
(4) The office may make grants to entities for the purchase of equipment, the establishment of new rural emergency medical service systems or the improvement of existing rural emergency medical service systems.
(5) With the exception of printing and mailing expenses associated with the grant program, the Office of Rural Health shall pay for administrative costs of the program with funds other than those transferred under ORS 442.625. [1999 c.1056 §5]Section: Previous 442.485 442.490 442.495 442.500 442.502 442.503 442.505 442.507 442.515 442.520 442.525 442.535 442.540 442.545 442.550 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008