Sec. 39.111. CONSERVATOR OR MANAGEMENT TEAM. (a) The commissioner shall clearly define the powers and duties of a conservator or management team appointed to oversee the operations of the district.
(b) At least every 90 days, the commissioner shall review the need for the conservator or management team and shall remove the conservator or management team unless the commissioner determines that continued appointment is necessary for effective governance of the district or delivery of instructional services.
(c) A conservator or management team, if directed by the commissioner, shall prepare a plan for the implementation of action under Section 39.102(a)(9) or (10). The conservator or management team:
(1) may direct an action to be taken by the principal of a campus, the superintendent of the district, or the board of trustees of the district;
(2) may approve or disapprove any action of the principal of a campus, the superintendent of the district, or the board of trustees of the district;
(3) may not take any action concerning a district election, including ordering or canceling an election or altering the date of or the polling places for an election;
(4) may not change the number of or method of selecting the board of trustees;
(5) may not set a tax rate for the district; and
(6) may not adopt a budget for the district that provides for spending a different amount, exclusive of required debt service, from that previously adopted by the board of trustees.
Added by Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 260, Sec. 1, eff. May 30, 1995.
Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 895 (H.B. 3), Sec. 59, eff. June 19, 2009.Section: Previous 39.105 39.106 39.107 39.1071 39.108 39.109 39.110 39.111 39.112 39.1121 39.1122 39.113 39.114 39.115 39.117 Next
Last modified: September 28, 2016