When a majority of the electors in the unincorporated area voting on the question submitted under ORS 199.735 (2) votes against the question, the charter of the city-county shall provide that:
(1) Special districts within the unincorporated area shall not be extinguished.
(2) The rate of taxation for ad valorem property taxes and business income taxes shall initially be set at the rates in effect on the date on which the charter for the city-county is approved.
(3) Fees, including but not limited to business license fees and utility bill fees, shall initially be set at the rate or amount in effect on the date on which the charter for the city-county is approved.
(4) Except for taxes or fees dedicated to correctional facilities, libraries or animal control, any rate increase for fees or taxes that exceeds the rate of population growth in the unincorporated area shall not take effect in the unincorporated area unless the electors in the unincorporated area approve the tax or fee increase.
(5) The unincorporated area shall receive rural service levels for basic city-county services. As used in this subsection, “basic city-county services” includes police, fire, sewer, water and code enforcement services provided by the city-county. [1997 c.494 §10]Section: Previous 199.710 199.715 199.720 199.725 199.730 199.735 199.740 199.742 199.743 199.745 199.750 199.753 199.755 199.760 199.765 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008