The department shall detect, control and destroy ragweed in the ragweed control area and as otherwise provided for in ORS 452.510 to 452.590, and may:
(1) Use herbicides or any other process, procedure or operation.
(2) Purchase and use equipment and materials.
(3) Employ additional necessary personnel.
(4) Enter into a written contract with any person whereby the person will detect, control or destroy ragweed. The department is authorized to pay for services, materials or labor as provided in the contract.
(5) Enter into a written contract with any public body including but not limited to federal or state agencies, county courts, board of county commissioners or municipalities, whereby they will detect, control and destroy ragweed on property other than that owned by them. The department is authorized to pay for services, materials and labor as provided for in such contract. If the contractor or other party is a public body then its officers and employees, subject to approval by the department, shall have the same authority, concurrent with but not superseding the authority of the department, in carrying out the terms of the contract and where the terms are not inconsistent with the provisions of ORS 452.510 to 452.590.
(6) Require a contractor or person to furnish a bond, irrevocable letter of credit issued by an insured institution as defined in ORS 706.008 or liability policy for the protection of persons or property that could be subjected to damages as a result of the operations or work performed under the contract. Nothing in ORS 452.510 to 452.590 shall be construed as a waiver by the State of Oregon of any immunity against suit. [1957 c.450 §5; 1991 c.331 §63; 1997 c.631 §473]Section: Previous 452.400 452.410 452.420 452.510 452.520 452.530 452.540 452.550 452.560 452.570 452.580 452.590 452.610 452.615 452.620 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008